PDA

View Full Version : Repeating Coneflower

Mike Moats
07-23-2008, 06:30 AM
Looking for a different comp than the usual flower shot, what do you think?

Fuji S5, Sigma 180, Tripod, f/5.6

Don Lacy
07-23-2008, 06:41 AM
Hi Mike, I really like tis the comp it is unusual but works well here. I like the the way the petals lead the eye to the head of the Coneflower and it placement in the upper right making full use of the frame. While the OOF focus Coneflower adds interest to the upper left.

Julie Kenward
07-23-2008, 07:44 AM
I love the comp, Mike but have two very small comments. First, I think I would have liked that front stem to be a bit more in focus (along the same lines as the sharp front flower head.) Also, and this, too, is really minor, but there's a small bit of the back flower's petal showing through at the base of the front flower head that looks like it might be better cloned out?

Roman Kurywczak
07-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Hey Mike,
Very cool concept. i like the way the FG flower forms a diagonal comp with the bud and petals. The stem is a toss up for me...........what I'm debating is............do you think that if the BG flower wasn't toucing bud to bud........it might improve the comp?? I'm still unsure of that...........but one thing is for sure........I'm ging to have to try one of these!

Robert O'Toole
07-23-2008, 07:31 PM
I like it as is as the comp and design are very different and interesting.

From a critique standpoint I would run NR on just the green BG esp at the top and the left where there is some visible noise, not the whole image, just the greens.

I think this pair would make a cool horizontal image also.

Robert

Robert

Ed Vatza
07-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi Mike,

I really like this comp and particularly the treatment of the front flower. I like the position in the frame. I like the sharpness and detail. And I like to color. I'm not quite as in love with the oof back image. I'd be interested in seeing what the image looked like had you taken a step to the left. Would there be some separation between the two flowers.