PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Eve

Jodee Novak
01-10-2008, 09:25 PM
This is my very first post. :) I am interested in hearing some thoughts on this image, which is a little different from any I've done before - wondering if the soft focus, off-center crop, and dark background "work." Any and all comments/suggestions are welcome! Thank you in advance!

Alfred Forns
01-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Big Welcome Jodee !!!!!!

I like the idea for the exception of the hands My eyes keep going to the hands and wondering why sort of competing for attention Soft look and expression priceless You are working with a "Super Model" Real Cute !!!

A few years back I did a travel image with blurred hands It was a lady talking to a vendor sharking here hands Got her in fairly sharp but at selected ss the hads were shaking In this case it sort of emphasized her concern look

Hoping to see lots more

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-11-2008, 10:04 AM
A big welcome to you Jodee . What a wonderful litttle girl to photograph and I like very much the dark BG and the soft focus as it adds a very delicate touch to images and especially of little children. I do find the hands a little distracting as I keep returning to them. I love the whole idea of your creation and will look forward to seeing more posts in the future.

Jodee Novak
01-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Thank you, Alfred and Judy Lynn for your comments and suggestions. They were very helpful, and I totally agree with you about the hands. Glad you think the soft focus/dark BG worked. I am learning so much since I joined BPN and I have loved looking at the images the two of you have posted. Thanks again!