PDA

View Full Version : "Little Venice" - Mykonos, Greece

Tim Rucci
07-22-2008, 11:25 PM
Here's a look at seashore in Mykonos, and the row of buildings that have become known as "little Venice". I chose my position on the beach and waited for the waves to break where I wanted them before making this image. Was fortunate again to be there right prior to sunset, in nice soft light.

Details: Canon 1D Mark 2N, Canon 28-135 lens at 41mm, 1/320 second at f7.1, iso 400, aperture priority and partial metering.

Alfred Forns
07-23-2008, 01:46 AM
Outstanding Tim !!! Love the wave action !!!

Always wondered what happens to the little restaurant in the corner of the frame With a slight wind shift the waves would be going over the tables !!! btw did you get to meet Petros?

Ed Cordes
07-23-2008, 07:34 AM
Wonderful light and good job of getting the wave action.

Tim Rucci
07-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Outstanding Tim !!! Love the wave action !!!

Always wondered what happens to the little restaurant in the corner of the frame With a slight wind shift the waves would be going over the tables !!! btw did you get to meet Petros?

Hi Alfred, and thanks for your questions. I did see Petros, but there were lots of point and shoot geeks crowded around him taking pictures, and I was more interested in getting some shots like the one above. I remember thinking that I can get pelican photos anytime I want, about 15 minutes drive from my house.

On the restaurants and the waves... its a good question. I would imagine that storms pretty much close down the outdoor eateries, because they are so close to the level of the water. Like most places we visited, when I stepped out of the vehicle we were riding in, I left the group and went off to try and capture some of the images I had in mind, before getting stuck behind a crowd. When I returned from the beach to find our group, they were crowded around Petros, snapping away. I had already bagged the main image I had come for by then. I was surprised to learn later on the bus, that some of the people we were traveling with had not even seen "little Venice" and/or didn't know it was there.

Harold Davis
07-23-2008, 04:33 PM
i'm loving you greece pics, tim!!! just fantastic!! now what does ken think of them:D

Alfred Forns
07-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Tim I lucked out with Petros and got it all to myself !!!! One cool looking bird !!

Julie Kenward
07-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Beautiful, Tim. I can't get over the quality of the light there. Wow...

Fabs Forns
07-24-2008, 06:36 PM
I am so enjoying this gallery because I get to see place I always wanted to see, through the eyes of very talented photographers.

Thanks for making it possible :)

Gus Cobos
07-25-2008, 07:22 AM
Excellent Tim,
The colors are fantastic in this little port town I love the waves and the multi colored tones in the sky...:cool:

Robert Amoruso
07-30-2008, 11:28 AM
I liek the wave placement Tin so no surprise when I read you timed it out. Good work. Great light too.