PDA

View Full Version : Lemon Lime

Julie Kenward
07-22-2008, 07:10 PM
I found a retaining wall full of colorful daylilies this weekend and this is one of the images from that group. I processed it in ACR and did levels, curves and color balance adjustments, as well as a minimal crop. I was so focused on the flowers that I never saw the bug until I got back home. :D

Canon 40D, 100mm f/2.8 Macro
f4 @ 1/800, ISO 100
AWB, Eval metering, hand held, early morning light

Gus Cobos
07-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Julie,
I love it. nice colors and plesant background. I like the composition, exposure and image...good show julie...:D

Sharna Lee
07-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Jules,
I laughed when I read about being so focused on the flower that you didn't see the bug. I've done the same thing. :D

I love the color and lighting here. It's great. I wish the focus was more in the mid section but it's still very nice.

Sharna

Ed Vatza
07-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Very nice, Julie. Love the detail and the way the color of the lily and the color of the background work together. And I am impressed with getting the stamens and pistel all in focus at f/4. Great job.

Funny about the bug. I have a series of images I made over the weekend and there is a daddy longlegs climbing up over the back of the flower. I too didn't see it until I got home. It looks like a monster coming into the frame. :eek:

Robert O'Toole
07-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Very nice Julie, I really like the diagonal comp and the BG looks like a painting. I really like how the spider is in perfect focus. I think it is a young Banana spider.

You might be able to bring some detail back into the yellow highlight areas with a multiply layer. Or of course with a blended second layer.

Robert

Mike Moats
07-23-2008, 06:13 AM
Hey Jules, I really like this image. Good comp and it has a nice soft look.

Don Lacy
07-23-2008, 06:55 AM
I think we all have images that have little hidden gems in them that we did not see in the field. Very nice image the yellows always look good when you can place them against a nice green BG like you did here.

Roman Kurywczak
07-23-2008, 09:25 AM
Hi Julie,
The soft colors and BG work really well here. I'm wishing the bud wasn't touching the flower petal..........but it doesn't affect it enough to take away from the overall lovely comp.