PDA

View Full Version : God morning

Johannes Glännman
07-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Hi..

Made this landscape with my 300mm... What do you think ?

Exif:
Nikon D80
Nikon AF-I 300/2.8
Tripod

Cheers // johannes

Noel Carboni
07-22-2008, 09:29 PM
I love the foggy feel to this, and the colors are nice. The backlit tree is a real positive, but I perceive several distracting elements... The rock? sandy bank? at the bottom seems out of place; it's not quite visible enough to stand on its own, and frankly the first thing it brought to my mind was one of those rocket cars they use to break the land speed record. Also, the light tree trunk just to the left and behind the main tree draws attention away from the closer tree, which wants to be the center of attention. On the positive side, the "almost rainbow" at the bottom adds some subtle interest, and the darkening at the edges serves to keep the viewer embedded in the photo.

Overall a very pleasant experience to share this beautiful morning/evening with you. Thanks for taking us there.

-Noel

Johannes Glännman
07-23-2008, 05:36 AM
Thanks Noel for a good comment. I will have your words in my mind next time I am taking a similair shot....

Thank you // johannes

Roman Kurywczak
07-23-2008, 07:53 AM
Hi Johannes,
Noel made some excellent observations. Since you took this image with the 300mm........backing up a bit would have given a bit more room bottom and right and also accentuated the fog more so that the BG trees would have probably disappeared in the mist. Getting a little lower would have eliminated the rock.......but it is not to distracting for me. the tree is placed very nicely in the frame also.

Johannes Glännman
07-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Thank you Roman.... I am really starting to like landscaping with 300mm. It is good fun and very creative for me.

Do you think that a shorter DOF also would have hide the BH trees more ?

Cheers // johannes

Roman Kurywczak
07-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Hi Johannes,
The shallower DOF probably would have worked also......but you have to be careful not to lose too much detail in the evergreen.........even if it is in fog.

Johannes Glännman
07-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Alright, next time I am there I will try again :)

cheers and thanks // johannes

Robert Amoruso
07-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Johannes,

Glad to see all the productive comments you received. I feel Roman and Noel captured my feelings well. Keep up the good work.