PDA

View Full Version : brown bear fishing

Milo Burcham
07-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Brown bear in rain forest

A shot from the weekend. I am glad I got out on a brief break in the weather. If anyone else out there thinks they are having some crummy "summer" weather, I'd be happy to compare notes!!!

Also, if anyone can share with me how to make my images appear above the caption and text when starting new threads AND how to make threads read from the top down, it would be appreciated.

Camera Model: Canon EOS 5D
Date/Time: 2008:07:19 09:54:47
Shutter speed: 1/100 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Exposure mode: Av
Exposure compensation: +2/3
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Evaluative
Drive mode: Continuous: frame 1
ISO: 400
Lens: EF600mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x
Focal length: 840mm
AF mode: AI Servo AF
Image size: 2912 x 4368
Image quality: Raw
White balance: Auto

Krijn Trimbos
07-22-2008, 01:42 AM
That is one gorgeous environmental shot! Love the pose of the bear and the beautiful trees.....Would be tempted to see what a little crop from the bottom would look like. In any case excellent!

David Steele
07-22-2008, 04:34 AM
A perfect, beautiful image of an animal in its environment. Certainly one of the best bear photos seen on BPN. I wouldn't change a thing, including the cropping. Oh, I also like the million shades of green!

Grace Scalzo
07-22-2008, 07:53 AM
THis is simply a gorgous image. I could look at this all day. Thanks for sharing.

Steve Maxson
07-22-2008, 09:29 AM
An excellent image, Milo. Love the light, the multiple shades of green, the composition, and, of course, the bear. I think it could stand a slight CW rotation.

Robert O'Toole
07-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Cool image Milo. all the element and colors in the BG are great.

I would crop a little off of the bottom.

I have asked about the text appearing on top and it is possible but you would have to use HTML tags to embed the image where you want. If you upload the image to BPN, you are stuck with this format. Its a hard coded set up.

I dont get what you mean about the top down threads, you mean when you reply?

Robert

Sabyasachi Patra
07-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Superb. I would thank the bear that it didn't appear closer to you, else you may have missed out on this environmental portrait. I like it. A slight Clock wise rotation is required. Thanks for sharing.

Sid Garige
07-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Excellent composition and perfect placement of subject. may be little more water at the bottom?

Michel Pilon
07-23-2008, 06:52 AM
Hello Milo,

This one is a wonderful shot of a bear within its environment. Excellent composition and point of view. People have sometimes tendency to crop too much and your picture show how great ca be the impact brang by a "not so cropped" subject within its environment. The color of the vegetation is wonderful! Did he catch a fish?

Thanks for sharing that splendid picture!

Michel Pilon

Milo Burcham
07-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Michel,
Yes, this mother (yearling cub just out of the frame) caught several chum salmon. In fact, she just finished eating one right behind where she is standing, and is headed back to the stream for more. Thanks for the comments, esp pointing out the need for rotation

D. Robert Franz
07-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Love these kind of images Milo.. Great light and color saturation and an overall nice scene. Bravo!!