PDA

View Full Version : Grand Teton Pano

Joe Senzatimore
07-21-2008, 07:34 PM
A 3 image pano from my recent trip to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Put together with CS3 which I think did a fine job. Interested to hear your comments as this is new to me.

200ISO f16 at 1/640th

Robert Amoruso
07-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Joe,

Spectacular looking reflection and good work on the pano. I would suggest a crop from the left more. I would start just right of the grass in the water. I feel that the brown trees and the grass in the water draws the eye as it follows the shoreline. I tried this crop and feel it strengthens the image a lot. See what you think.

David Kennedy
07-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Joe,
I'm going to steal Roman's thunder and suggest that a graduated density filter would have helped to balance the light sky versus the dark reflection. I am in agreement with Robert: the grass on the left edge doesn't really do much for the image, so cropping from the left would eliminate that and also makes the Tetons feel less "centered."

I appreciate having the exposure information, but in the future it would also be nice to know what lens (or at least, what focal length) was used to compose the image. The camera body would also be useful, as full frame versus cropped camera bodies have (obviously) different characteristics.

Noel Carboni
07-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Beautiful spot. Just a hint of stuff visible under the water; I like it. A lot.

-Noel

Gayle Clement
08-01-2008, 09:55 AM
A really nice pano. I agree that cropping from the left would enhance the photo.

Gus Cobos
08-30-2008, 08:03 AM
Hi Joe,
You got yourself a very nice pano. Agree with Robert about the extra grass...:cool: