PDA

View Full Version : My New Winter Coat

Howard Burkert
01-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Image created at Brooks Falls, Sep.2007. This is one of a seris of images captured on my last day of the trip. With only 2 hours left, the magic was just begining! This beauty with 2 cubs came sliding down the bank.I will share more images of this day that will never be forgotten. Nikon D2Xs,200-400VR at 400mm,F 5.6@1/500,WB cloudy,ISO 400,and processed in NX. Isn't she beautiful !!!:)

Arthur Morris
01-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Nice pose. Nice (and careful) framing. Nice soft light. Nice and sharp. Nice image.

Later and love, artie

Robert Smith
01-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Wow, what a great pose in such good light too! Sounds like a great experience. The only suggestion I have would be to increase saturation just a hair & see what it looks like (but that is probably my own personal preference...). Congratulations, can't wait to see more!

D. Robert Franz
01-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Great subject and beautiful light.. I like the comp as is but would also like to see it with a bit off the left side just right of the rock thats near the edge of the frame. That framing might balance the compositon a little better with the bear looking towards the right. Capture might benefit from a little more contrast and saturation.. Overall a fine capture...

Stephen Stephen
01-11-2008, 12:42 PM
I would be very pleased to have this in my collection. I might like to see this with a touch more room on the right just to compare.

Howard Burkert
01-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Wow thanks to all for the comments of my image. Guess reading all the information in Artie's books has sunk in. They really have been an inspiration. And the new forum is a wealth of information also!!
Best,
Howard.