PDA

View Full Version : American Safari

Harold Davis
07-21-2008, 02:35 PM
taken saturday afternoon at lion country safari just west of west palm beach. it was midday, but very overcast. couldnt help the time. in-laws were in town and had to take em somewhere!!:D does the hay make it look too domesticated? if you position yourself right, you can get some decent bg's, but i went for mostly headshots and tried to blur as much bg as i could. lots of fences.:(

D300, Bigma at 500mm, f/6.3, 1/2000s, -1.0EV, ISO 400, leaning out the car window that was supposed to be closed:D:eek: Park Rules!!

comments and critiques are welcome and appreciated.

sorry i havent been around alot lately. too busy, but will try to comment more this week!

Cheryl Flory
07-21-2008, 03:16 PM
love that face, Harold! You even have the eyelashes!
The whites look a bit gray on my monitor, can you use the curves to brighten them and to darken the black strips and eyelashes? I know you are suppose to have more area where the animal is facing, but I think I would like it better cropped tighter, to focus on the face. That way you can also crop out the hay which is floating in mid air on the right edge.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
07-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Hi Harold, I remember going to Lion Country when we lived in S. Florida!!! I actually like the picture as presented - you've told us that it is a captive animal so I think that the hay illustrates this well.

Gus Cobos
07-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Mr. Harold,
I like this very much, it has a nice feel to it. The image is well balanced, exposure is dead on...:D Hey are you sure your not working foe National Geographic...:D:p:);) Congrats buddy...:cool:

Oscar Zangroniz
07-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Great shot H. Love the look of the Zebra.
Congrats

Nonda Surratt
07-21-2008, 06:09 PM
I like the hay and the hay bits blowing away, nice image!

Lance Peters
07-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Mr H - like it as presnented, the hay blowing away is a nice added touch.
:)

Alberto Oria
07-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Mr H... did you lower you window? uhm...
Love the picture Harold detail, exposition contrast.:D

Alfred Forns
07-22-2008, 07:52 AM
Alberto ........... he used a little toggle switch by the door and pushed down :D:D:D Could not resist !!! :cool:

Love the composition with the oof animal on the bg !!! Just Sweet !!! Maybe we could do an outing over there :)

Alberto Oria
07-22-2008, 07:53 PM
I will go:D