PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts

Nancy A Elwood
07-21-2008, 10:30 AM
I got this image yesterday at Viera. I like the colors, reflections and interactions with the chicks. I did clone some of the BG reeds and toned down their saturation and brightness. Thanks for all suggestions and thoughts:)

http://cdn-2-service.phanfare.com/images/external/5002860_2206288_37848039_Web_3/0_0_fe360b4fc47ca8b5762281f3dccf637e_1

Ramon M. Casares
07-21-2008, 02:42 PM
I like it because it looks like very casual familly portrait, the parents very "serious"and the "kids"playing and relaxed.
The dificulties here (to me) are that the BG is very close to the subjects, so it is not easy (or possible) to blur it much, also the position of the adults heads don't let you really go with a different composition as there should be room towards the bird is looking, so I think you did preety well with what you had on hand, likle the reflexion and the light, also the colors and as said, lovely family portrait! Maybe bit darker and alower point of view would've helped (not really sure), but still, Congratulaitons!

Raymond Barlow
07-21-2008, 07:55 PM
very nice family portrait., over all it looks a little too busy, but knowing Vierra as I do, I know how tough it is to get a nice clean shot of any ducks., maybe a little darker, with some more contrast.

Daniel Cadieux
07-21-2008, 08:44 PM
I also think you could desaturate the yellows even more in the BG and water. The young ones interacting are fun!

P.S. I know we are eager to post sometimes but you must wait 24hrs before starting a new thread in the same forum ;-)

Nancy A Elwood
07-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks all for your comments. I did also think it was a bit busy, but I liked the interactions so much I wanted to make it work, but sometimes it just will not go. Ah well, back to the wetlands to try for clearer BG's. Yes, I know Daniel:o. I put the image in another topic which I miss understood and someone put it in this one, so that it how this happened:).

Axel Hildebrandt
07-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Yes, I know Daniel:o. I put the image in another topic which I miss understood and someone put it in this one, so that it how this happened:).

I'm the culprit. The image was posted in wildlife and I moved it here. :)

Daniel Cadieux
07-24-2008, 11:21 AM
OK then, all is good! :-)