PDA

View Full Version : Another Non Traditional Greece Image - Epidavros

Ed Cordes
07-20-2008, 08:34 PM
This is an early morning scene in the harbor of Epidavros. This is where the trip to Mycenae and Agamemnon's tomb departed. We liked the early morning light on the boats.

40D with 24-105 at 28. Evaluative metering at ISO 200 and EV -2/3 f 6.3 1/30 hand held. It is full frame and a bit of levels applied.

Thanks for looking. All comments most welcome.

Julie Kenward
07-21-2008, 12:39 AM
Ed, the lighting is beautiful! You all are making me really want to see Greece!!!

Alfred Forns
07-21-2008, 06:41 AM
Beautiful Ed Lots of green What time of the year did you go?

Ed Cordes
07-21-2008, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the comments Julie and Al. Al, we were there last month. We left June 8 and returned June 25. It was an OAT Tour (Overseas Adventure Travel) that specializes in small group tours and small ship cruises. Our group was 12 couples for all land stuff. We spent one week doing touring on the mainland and one week at sea touring the islands.

When we got on the ship (160 ft 3 masted motor sailer) we met up with another group of 12 couples. The total number of cabins on the ship was 24, so we had the entire ship for our group..When we went to an island we split up again to avoid crowding. Al had a great time. Unfortunately Gail and myself were the only really serious photographers. There were others who had good cameras, but only one or 2 who got up for dawn and stayed out for Sunset and after. So they missed a lot of great light, but they didn't understand. Most times it was just Gail and me up and out early.

Alfred Forns
07-21-2008, 11:05 AM
You did have a great deal Ed !!! I went on a regular cruise and did not have many chances !!!

Ended up renting motorcycles and running around the different islands Harsh light and lots of dust The small boat sure was a good idea !!!

Robert Amoruso
07-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Nice scene Ed. If you don't mind a suggestion, a shift to the left would have included the blue FG boat and lost the clipped one at right.