Thonnaksar NOP
01-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Hi all,
My favourite bird posing for me in the garden !:cool:

D2HS, 70-200 VR + TCx1.7, 1/320", f/8, @340mm, ISO 400, Fill-flash
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/4299/ca24349resizeca5.jpg

Tom Callahan
01-10-2008, 06:20 PM
What a proud looking little guy. I can see why you would like these birds so much. Lovely color, my only critique, and it may be just me. The yellow flower BG seems too bright and distracting. My eye keeps wanting to go to the BG and, this may sound weird, I feel like I need to squint my eyes. Thanks for sharing this beautiful critter.

Meint Sijp
01-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Hi Thonnaksar.
This is very nice shot. those small guys can really make you sweat chasing them:)
I like the contrast between the fairy wren and the BG. Especially the way you cought its head more or less like in a frame???
Don't know if it is my pc, but it is not to bright for my eyes. The sharpness pose and placement make it compelling (Think i can use that word) for me to look at. Only thing bottering my a little, is that the tail is to close at the edge. Espaecially if to put in a frame. Only my opinion.

Much better than any i got of this birdy:)

Arthur Morris
01-10-2008, 08:01 PM
I like this image and agree with the comments above. I am sure that the blue on this little guy is electric and vibrant, but it is definitely oversaturated. When you over saturate a single color, detail is often lost (as it was here). I desaurated both the Blue and the Cyan in Hue-Sat. The results would have been better if you did the same to the full size image.

later and love, artie

John Cooper
01-11-2008, 10:30 PM
I like this image and agree with the comments above. I am sure that the blue on this little guy is electric and vibrant, but it is definitely oversaturated. When you over saturate a single color, detail is often lost (as it was here). I desaurated both the Blue and the Cyan in Hue-Sat. The results would have been better if you did the same to the full size image.

later and love, artie

Know where you are coming from Art but as an Aussie bird photographer I can vouch for the blue colouration in the original image. A little over saturated maybe but very close to true tone for the Suberb Blue Wren.
John Cooper