PDA

View Full Version : Male Snail Kite "Swan Dive"

Michael Stern
07-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Ah yes another Snail Kite! This image was taken this morning and I am posting it only because I really like the flight pose (Swan Dive), really kind of different from what I have seen thus far...The bird jumped from a tree to the right and as typical they drop and fly low to their hunting grounds. Caught this guy directly after he left the tree. All suggestion and comments more than welcome...
Best,
Michael
PS I used NikColor as the sky was ugly slate gray with NO color....
Camera Canon 40D
Shutter speed: 1/2000 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Exposure mode: Manual
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Evaluative
ISO: 400
Lens: EF500mm f/4L IS USM
Focal length: 500mm

Arthur Morris
07-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Way wicked pose. Good job with the sky color. The face could use a bit of selective sharpening. Love the COMP also.

Michael Stern
07-20-2008, 05:04 PM
Dear Artie, Thank you for the very nice feedback....much appreciated!! I was afraid to over sharpen the face - in fact afraid to over sharpen the entire bird...did some but not much....
Best,
Michael

Way wicked pose. Good job with the sky color. The face could use a bit of selective sharpening. Love the COMP also.

Axel Hildebrandt
07-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Very cool pose and light. I agree on a bit more sharpening and I cropped differently. There is a slight sharpening halo, which can be fixed easily.

Ramon M. Casares
07-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Love it as is, the halo can be corrected very easily and the sharpness I think it looks OK to me! Congratulations Micheal and thanks for the advice on where to go, you and 3 more users were preety much all the people that actually PM me about where to go here in Fl. Have a nce day!!!