PDA

View Full Version : African Spider

ChasMcRae
07-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Sunrise in Botswana Ogavango Delta found me trying to figure out a shilouette against the sun. Original pic on slide prob Velvia film camera and close up lens. Scanned with Nikon 5000 and adjusted with PS.

This pic cropped to CENTER the sun--one time I centered the pic but spider in upper outer quadrant. Never seemed to gather much excitement with others but Liked it(probably on emotional grounds).

Chas.

Ed Vatza
07-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Very interesting and intriguing composition. I like it. The sun may be centered but the spider is nicely off center, There vis definitely an air of mystery to this image. I could see on the cover of a mystery or thriller. Nice job.

Gus Cobos
07-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Mr. Charles,
I like the image very much. The orange sun gives it a very nice background. Well done...:cool:

Robert O'Toole
07-20-2008, 06:44 PM
Hi Chas,

The comp is just about perfect for me. Sharpness on the spider looks good. I like the image a lot. I would lighten the red/orange just a little.

Robert

Julie Kenward
07-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Very nice, Charles! I agree that this could be on a thriller or perhaps a Halloween card! I love the little hairs on each of his legs but there appears to be just a few small spots that are simply dust...might want to think about cloning those out and just leaving the hairs that are attached.

What an interesting vision you had for this!

ChasMcRae
07-20-2008, 09:23 PM
The little spots are spots on the web surrounding the spider, if you back off on saturation you can begin to see the web lines. O I could decrease sat and manipulate to show more of the web ,but I really wanted the spider to stand out. Actually the original Velvia slide had a similar or more saturated sun--Remember Velvia !

Mike Moats
07-23-2008, 05:48 AM
Hey Charles, very cool image. I like the positioning of the moon and the spider in the frame.

Lana Hays
07-23-2008, 05:03 PM
Charles
I like it alot. Impressive simplicity. It reminds me of Halloween. The only thing that bothers me....and it's picky is there seems to be a slight halo around the spider.....perhaps from sharpening. Pretty cool image.