PDA

View Full Version : Leopard Drinking

ChasMcRae
07-20-2008, 11:10 AM
The photo posted of the Leopard reminded me of my own experience. During an ElNino year water poodles were everywhere in MasaiMara. This Leopard was in the top of tree eating its prey and when he finished he came down and drank at one of the poodles.
The eyes are hooded but slightly rolled up and the eye view on the previous photo much better, but I thought it gave it an air of mystery and threat(hey it it is my photo)
Scanned slide with Nikon 5000-photo with Canon IV film camera -600mm lens-prob Velvia pushed(those were the days)

Chas.

Johannes Glännman
07-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Wow, this is wild... I love the eyes. I dont want any eyecontact in a photo like this..... WILD..

Cheers and thanks // johannes

Axel Hildebrandt
07-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Great moment captured. I like the look and ripples. I might sharpen the leopard more. Too bad about the OOF plant in the lower left.

ChasMcRae
07-20-2008, 09:18 PM
I sharpened eye but only put a minimal amount on body,so next time may up that a little(Just hate to over sharpen)
Yep--A bummer about the vegetation but considering my position in the our land rover, others had a tail end view.
Chas.

D. Robert Franz
07-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Great image and opportunity here.. It may be on the original slide but I would like to see a bit more of the cats shoulder and a bit more room on the left side of the frame...