PDA

View Full Version : Tom Vezo Gone

Arthur Morris
07-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Tom Vezo, a professional nature photographer from Green Valley, AZ, died of a heart attack yesterday in a friend's car after hiking in the Rincon Mountains. Tom, who lived on Long Island when we were both learning bird photography, was a great friend for many years. We spent many hours on the beach at the Sore Thumb in Tom's Land Cruiser photographing birds. Condolences and love, strength, and energy go to Tom's wife Dorothy.

Charles Glatzer
07-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Oh My!!!

Tom, was a fellow Long Islander and a great photographer. I had the pleasure of meeting him on numerous occasions. He will be missed. His contributions many, he will live with us always through his wonderful images. God Bless you and your family. You will be in our Prayer's

Respectfully,

Chas

LouBuonomo
07-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Oh ths is very sad news. Tom had left LI by the time I start photographing but was always very encouraging via the forums and email

Lou

Joe Senzatimore
07-20-2008, 12:58 PM
I just can't believe what I am reading. Tom and I were very close before he moved out west. I even introduced him to his wife Dorothy. Tom and I spent many hours together photographing the local birds. He taught me much of the art of bird photography. This is like a twilght zone episode. I just can't believe this is true. He will be missed.

George DeCamp
07-20-2008, 05:15 PM
A very sad day for those who knew him or were touched by him in some way. I never got to meet him but have exchanged many e-mails and shared posts about photography and Long Island. A very sad day.

David Smith
07-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Although I never met Tom Vezo, I have admired his works and articles for quite some time. Our deepest condolences go out to Tom's family.

Dave Smith

D. Robert Franz
07-21-2008, 04:22 PM
A very sad day indeed. Tom and I got started professionally shooting for a stock agency called the Wildlife Collection before it closed shop. The times we met he was very personable and he'll be missed. Our prayers go out to his family..

Jim Roetzel
07-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Great man, dear friend.

Services will be held on Friday, July 25th, at St. Francis-in-the-Valley Episcopal Church, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">600 S. La Canada Drive</st1:Street>, <st1:City w:st="on">Green Valley</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">Arizona</st1:State></st1:address>. Viewing will be from 1-2pm in the church with a short service from 2-2:30pm, and a celebration of Tom's life with refreshments, music, and viewing of his artwork in the Parish Hall beginning at 2:30. In lieu of flowers, please send donations to the Defenders Committee of Friends of Madera Canyon P.O. Box #1203 Green Valley AZ 85622.

Chris Ober
07-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Oh no! I met him on a workshop a couple years back and spoke with him on many occasions. He was a great guy with a real love for the art.