PDA

View Full Version : Island of Santorini, Greece

Tim Rucci
07-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Here is one of my favorite memories from our vacation in Greece last year. We were in Greece for 2 weeks, and almost didn't get to see the islands because the criuse ship we were booked on (the Sea Diamond) hit the rocks and sank in Santorini 3 days before we were scheduled to board. You may remember from the news that around 1,600 passengers and crew were rescued before the ship went down, but sadly, one passenger was lot. Most people lost all their luggage and other belongings. Anyway, we were fortunate to get on a different ship at the last minute, but it was slower, so we spent more time traveling and less time in each destination. I had only an hour to explore Santorini when we got off the bus we were traveling on, and was fortunate to capture a few images I liked. It was also just before sunset, so if you can pick any hour of the day, this is the one.

Shown are some unique buildings and a couple windmills above the rocky cliffs in the town of Oia, with folks on the terrace enjoying the beautiful sunset.

PHOTO DETAILS: Canon Mark 2N, Canon 100-400L IS lens at 100mm, aperture priority 1/400 at f8, partial metering at -2/3, iso 400.

Julie Kenward
07-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Wow! Wow, wow, wow! The lighting and colors in this are fabulous!!! Wonderful composition and did I remember to say wow? Wow!

Ed Cordes
07-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Beautiful light! We were there in June, but the itinerary brought us to Santorini in the harsh mid day Sun This is fantastic.

Noel Carboni
07-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Love this image, Tim. At first the colors and shapes are found to be most pleasing, then the people in the shot are a nice surprise when seen, and help make the image seem real and give it scale. A very nice experience.

-Noel

Alfred Forns
07-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Hi Tim Sure glad you were not on that boat Do remember the tragedy !!!!

I had very little time in Santorini also and never got to Ios which was my primary goal One classic image and might be on of the few place you don't need to say where from !!!!

Gus Cobos
07-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Excellent capture Tim, I love the soft pastel tones and hues in the sky. :cool:

George DeCamp
07-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Superb! The shades in the sky are fantastic, well seen!!

Michael P. Centanni
07-21-2008, 11:36 AM
This awesome! Great light on such pretty colors. 2 weeks must have been great, would like to see more.

Maxis Gamez
07-21-2008, 11:00 PM
I have seen this one Tim and still love it.

Fabs Forns
07-24-2008, 06:37 PM
Did I tell you how much I like this one????

Robert Amoruso
07-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Very cool Tim and great light.