PDA

View Full Version : Posterization Mystery...

Arthur Morris
07-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Am not sure where to post this as it is most likely not a BPN issue but am hoping that some computer geek, I mean expert, sees it and has a clue :)

Last week with two separate images, I opened the image and noted severe posterization in the BKGR, all sorts of swirlies and pixleations. Two hours later I opened the sames images again and they looked perfect.

I am working on an HP laptop with a mega screen and VISTA...

Thanks!

Robert O'Toole
07-19-2008, 02:00 PM
What is the app you are viewing the files Breeze browser Artie?

I know bridge and LR will render a file so it looks bad 5 sec later it looks great. BB should never do this...

Robert

Arthur Morris
07-19-2008, 02:08 PM
No, I am just looking at the JPEGs on BPN...

Robert O'Toole
07-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Artie I think the OP (origional poster) did a switch.
I have had this happen a few times, I will comment on a problem. Then the OP updates the image (re-uploads) and fixes the problem. Then I am left with a comment about a problem that no longer exists. I have OPs to add a comment that the image was corrected and re-uploaded.

Robert

Arthur Morris
07-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Hi Arthur, LCD screen liquid crystals are very sensitive to temperature and will omit the light spectrum differently in different temperature conditions or when not on correct operating temperature. Also, I have noticed a difference in colours if I just started my laptop as opposed to working on it for say at least 30 minutes (also the recommended time to wait for when planning to calibrate). Perhaps this is a possible cause for your experience. Another weird phenomenon I have experienced is that if I suspend or hybernate the laptop, my calibration icc profile is not applied properly. Only after going to the display properties, windows 'remembers' to apply it again.

Thanks for trying to help. Your explanation would make sense, but, I often, actually almost always work with at least several windows and the posterization occurs in only one of the windows. And if I open the posterized image in another window a few mintues later it looks fine... Go figure...