PDA

View Full Version : Dragonfly

john crookes
01-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Nikon D200 w 105mm vr photographed at ISO 320 1/125th and f16

Alfred Forns
01-10-2008, 06:11 PM
I this a lot John Great pose and perfect bg !!! I like how well the wings look Might need a little room at top but love this image as presented A fine Dfly !!!!

Fabs Forns
01-10-2008, 09:20 PM
The perfect mood for Fall.

Great detail and colors, wish you had moved, if possible, one step to your right to see more fo the face.
Beautifully done :)

Chris Ober
01-10-2008, 09:21 PM
What Al said! One minor thing I keep thinking is the stem isn't as pronounced making it look like the bud is floating mid-air to me. It is nice catching these on something other than a stick :)

Robert O'Toole
01-12-2008, 10:24 PM
What Al said! One minor thing I keep thinking is the stem isn't as pronounced making it look like the bud is floating mid-air to me. It is nice catching these on something other than a stick :)

I agree, the perch can make the shot, this one is great.

Good job with the 105 VR the working distance is like .5mm (joking).

I would take a step the the right, even if it meant water logged shoes. I dont like to see the back of a D-Flys head. It is much more pleasing to see more of the face and less of the rear of the head.

Thanks for the post.

Robert

john crookes
01-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Yes i did try one with a step to the right but then i lost the wings as they are here. i will try and find the image and post for comparison.
I found between the two that overall this was a much more pleasing compp

John Cooper
01-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Wow, what a splendid image of this dragonfly John - you just have to love those wings!!! Great background but would like to see a little more canvas at top, similar to the amount of space below the seed-head. But just beautiful as is!