PDA

View Full Version : Vulture on water!

Ramon M. Casares
07-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Hi all! Here's another one from yesterday, again, the light didn't help at all, but he was not going to be standing there forever, right? :D Well, it is a first time for me to see these birds bathing, so although for you it might not be a much interesting species, for me, it is! Hope you like it still! Enjoy!!

20D+70-200 2.8+2x
Hand held
Fll frame (except for a horizon adjustment crop)
Tv 1/125 seg.
Av f/9.0
Iso 200

Have a nice day!

PS: I am going tomorrow for the day to Islamorada un the Keys and I wanted some info about the best place to photograph birds there, if there is any! Thnaks, any help will do!!!!

Raul Quinones
07-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Great shot, nice exposure. A little room at the bottom will nice, but you may loose details.

Grady Weed
07-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Black vultures make great subjects. I have never seen one cooling off before. Keep posting and clicking.

Axel Hildebrandt
07-18-2008, 07:27 PM
You handled the harsh light well. I like the open bill, details and angle. I would have preferred a wider crop and would remove the OOF blades of grass in the foreground and the biggest specular highlights in front of the bird. You could try to add some canvas at the bottom.

Doug Brown
07-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Not bad Ramon! Good sharpness and nice detail in the blacks. I like the green BG, although I would clean it up a little. I would also remove the bright spot just in front of the bird's legs. More canvas top and bottom would give the bird a little more room, as it feels somewhat cramped as presented. Thanks for posting!