Jacqui Hendry
01-10-2008, 02:59 PM
I saw this tiny damselfly in September last year, apparently it is quiet rare

The image was taken when I had just had my new camera

1DmkIII, 180macro, f10, ISO 400, 1/100, Tripod

Jacqui

Alfred Forns
01-10-2008, 06:15 PM
I'll bet it was difficult to spot !!!! I like the perch and sharpness through out Sure wish the bug had the wings stretch up I do find the image appealing !!!! Congrats !!!

Jim Caldwell
01-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Hi Jacqui
Probably not only quiet rare, but quite rare as well (I make the same typo all the time too!!). Great image and I like the angle of the damsel which fits nicely in the frame for a long subject like that. Nice bokeh in the background and good focus on the subject.

Robert O'Toole
01-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Hi JH,

Great postioning and I always like to see a little of the face in D-Fly images. Interesting perch.

Normally I do not find dead perch images appealing at all but this one has such interesting shapes with works for me.

Robert

John Cooper
01-13-2008, 01:29 AM
I like this image Jacqui - Nice sharp image, interesting perch with some added spider web, all set against an excellent soft BG. Just nit-picking but perhaps composition could have been improved by placing perch on the rule of thirds - this would have the added result of placing the end of the tail a little closer to the right hand corner.

Jacqui Hendry
01-13-2008, 03:28 AM
Thank you for the encouraging comments, they are much appreciated,:)

The perch was a bush of old flowers which I just happened to spot the damselfly on which meant that it was a case of photograph it now before it moved off, I did manage to keep my eye on it for a while as it flew onto another area but it really was so fine much thiner than the normal damselflies it was almost impossible to find again :(

Jacqui