PDA

View Full Version : Roma

Michael P. Centanni
07-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Well I have moved on to Roma. This is the Trevi Fountain. Crowds were enormous, no matter what the day. good thing for those wide angle lenses:cool:
D300, 12-24mm @ 12mm, ISO 400, 2 secs @ f10

C & C most Welcome!!!!

Ed Cordes
07-18-2008, 06:05 AM
Nice image Michael under tough conditions. I might suggest that you go to filter/distort/lens corrections and use the filter to help eliminate some of the backwards tile caused by the 12 mm focal length. Overall the image is well composed and the lighing is good, but the tilt looks like the building is falling backward.

Robert Amoruso
07-18-2008, 08:22 AM
Michael,

If you do the perspective control, you need a counter-clockwise rotation of 1.13 deg first. I tried it with the lens correction and it came out nice. If possible when doing this type of image, get right in front of it so that you are shooting without the camera pointed left or right, just up. In PS you only have to transform your vertical perspective then and it makes it easier.

Very cool image of cool looking architecture.

Michael P. Centanni
07-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Thanks!
I use LR mostly can this be done?
I also have NX and CS2, maybe I can use one of these?
I seem to be a little confused on how to go about this, I saw that the image was unlevel so I leveled it , but Robert are you saying go back to the original then make a correction?

George DeCamp
07-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Hey Mike,

Once you get the tiff you can do it in CS2!

What they said! :D

Alfred Forns
07-20-2008, 08:16 AM
Yes Michael you can straighten the image in CS2

Select all then go to edit>transform>perspective Might want to try the others also. I'm sure Robert will post the straighten version He does make a great point in leveling the horizon first When making these type remember to give extra room around the structure since you will be loosing some with the manipulation !!!