PDA

View Full Version : Yes, I Know Mike Moats (part 2)

Bruce Murden
07-17-2008, 10:22 PM
Another "burn below fern" (wouldn't want to steal a Moatsian phrase :D ) from our trip to Oregon. Tried to use some of your comments from my earlier yellow fern.

at Cape Kiwanda, Oregon.

Nikon D80, Nikkor 105mm macro, ISO 100, 1/2s @ f/29, hazy overcast, tripod, sand between my toes.

Ed Vatza
07-18-2008, 05:16 AM
Hi Bruce,

I had a feeling from the thumbnail that I was going to like this one and I do. I really love that "burn" background that you used here and on the other image. And the fern really pops. Good work.

One note of caution. It looks like there is sand in some of the cracks of the burned wood. That in and of itself doesn't bother me. But in one spot in the UL, the sand almost starts to look hot against the black.

Gus Cobos
07-19-2008, 06:23 AM
Nice, bold and refreshing. I like the composition and the strong contrast between the dark slate patterned background and the vibrant green od the leaves...:cool:

Robert O'Toole
07-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Bruce,

The comp the contrast and textures and the processing, all great. The fact that it is telling a story about the power of regeneration is a big plus.

Robert

Mike Moats
07-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Hey Bruce the old life and death concept. Very nice contrast and I like the diagonals on both the plant and burn.