PDA

View Full Version : Too hot...

Ramon M. Casares
07-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Yeap, those who told me that I came in the worst time to Miami to photographs birds.. where preety much right hehehe.. today my idea was to go arround just seeing if I could find some nice spot to take some good pictures, but the moment I found a little group of these guys I couldn't help myself and just started getting some shots, yeap, the light is aweful but it is what I got, after this shot I got attacked by a whole army of ants!!!! My feet are still itching hahaha... Hope you like despite the harsh light! Enjoy!

Canon 20D + sigma 70-200mm 2.8 + 2x TC + Handheld

tv 2000
av 8.0
iso 400 (I was going for some flight shots, that's why hehe)

NOTE: I replaced the eye as the Ibis has the membrane closed while drinking.

Judy Lynn Malloch
07-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Wonderful timing Ramon and excellent composition. I really like the action you captured in this image and the great low angle and eye contact. Beautiful detail and excellent exposure. Very nice work !!! Congrats !!

Daniel Cadieux
07-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Well, you managed the light very well. Love the low angle and the film of water hanging from the throat. If anything I wish the the top of the head in the reflection did not touch the edge of the frame. Maybe a touch of CCW rotation?

Grady Weed
07-17-2008, 08:39 PM
I seem as well to catch them in harsh light. Looks like you did dwell for what you had to cope with. I hope your visit to Florida will improve both weather wise and to capture more images of your favorite birds.

Grace Scalzo
07-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Ramon, Love the water!! You did well with the light. Looking forward to more from your visit to FL.

Steve Canuel
07-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Hi Ramon,
I like the comp, the BG, and of course the cascading water. Good job on the eye surgery as well. I agree with Daniel on the clipped head reflection.
Steve

DustinFinn
07-18-2008, 07:37 AM
Looks like those whites would be tough to control. Nice work with the short lens, gotta be nice to get birds with a 70-200 :)

Axel Hildebrandt
07-18-2008, 08:09 AM
I like the angle and moment captured. You handled the harsh light well and I agree on a bit more room at the bottom.

Steve Maxson
07-18-2008, 10:34 AM
I think it's all been said, Ramon. The water falling from the head makes this one special. A little more room at the bottom would make it even better. Well done.

Ramon M. Casares
07-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Looks like those whites would be tough to control. Nice work with the short lens, gotta be nice to get birds with a 70-200 :)

Dustin, If I tell you that that, with a 2x TC is actually my long lens :o, what would you say!? :)

Thank you all very much for all your comments!!!