PDA

View Full Version : Brothers & sisters

Ramon M. Casares
07-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Hi there, it has been a while since my last macro post, so today I decided to share this shot with you, a persnal favorite. I do not have the settings here (I am in miami) but it was taken with a XT + 100mm macro 2.8 + 2 flashes + tripod
Enjoy and C&C are very welcome as always!

Have a nice day!

Ed Vatza
07-15-2008, 04:58 PM
I like this image Ramon. The green on green plays very well. I really like the detail in the leaf and the clarity of the eggs. Nice work.

Kaushik Balakumar
07-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Very sharp with some excellent details. To an extent that even the hairs on the veins are visible...!
Well exposed too.
But somehow i feel that the image lacks in balance, composition-wise. The eggs could be placed in a more visually strong point in the frame (example - on the point of intersection of line of thirds). Else, perhaps a little more space on left could do good too. But this is purely a personal preference...

Robert O'Toole
07-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Ramon,

All the details are great and the subject matter is different and it works.

I agree with Kaushik. Placing the eggs slightly higher would look much better in a rect crop, or just crop some off the top for more of a square crop.

Robert

Ramon M. Casares
07-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Thanks guys for you commets and opinions, I apreciate them and I'll have them in mind!! Have a great day!!!