PDA

View Full Version : For the cat folks

Jim Poor
07-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Taken on the clients couch.

Alfred Forns
07-15-2008, 03:07 PM
What a beautiful Lady Jim !!!! Such a sweet expression Hope you get to do more cats Jim They are special !!!!

Julie Kenward
07-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Oh my goodness but that's sweet! What a face!!!

Jim Poor
07-15-2008, 06:26 PM
OOPS, I think I clicked the wrong button AL. Sorry. I think I fixed it though . . .

What a beautiful Lady Jim !!!! Such a sweet expression Hope you get to do more cats Jim They are special !!!!

I have an appointment on the 22nd to do a shoot for Lost Dog & Cat Rescue, but this time it will be the cats. Maybe I can tap into the cat crowd ;)

They also want me to design the imagery for some of their marketing :D

Thanks Julie,

She's a real sweet kitty.

Alfred Forns
07-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Jim Cat wise you want to get in with the breeders Lots of images needed !!! I have run into a couple of people that go to all the shows

Judy Lynn Malloch
07-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Simply beautiful Jim !!!!

Beth Goffe
07-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Beautiful kitty, Jim! I was wondering when you'd post something for us cat people. :D

James Shadle
07-15-2008, 08:34 PM
I love cat attitudes!
And I like the way you used the depth of field on this kitty.
James

Sharna Lee
07-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Excellent post of a beautiful lady.
Love the attitude here.
Cats are a different creature all together. I think it was Al who said they are special creatures. I agree.

Thanks for sharing.

Sharna

Susan Griffith
07-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Soo adorable....

-Susan

Bruce Gove
07-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Great image Jim!! Great looking girl, and if I'm not mistaken (45 + years with cats...), this kitty is not a happy camper right now!!

Cheers,

Bruce

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Fantastic cat image. I love it. Thanks for sharing. I adore cats (have six). ;D

Jim Poor
07-17-2008, 06:01 AM
Thanks again everyone. Bruce, I get the same feeling, but I'm not sure exactly what the clues are.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
07-17-2008, 06:32 AM
Adorable - yes, at last, one for us cat people!!!

Bruce Gove
07-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Jim - The large pupils, ears are not up and perky, and just generally, the cat looks like she's not too crazy about you being in her space!!!

Cheers,

Bruce

Jim Poor
07-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Well, this was the last frame in the series before she decided she had enough. I've got an appointment on the 22nd to work with a boatload of cats in a shelter. Hopefully, I'll learn a thing or two from them.

Bruce Gove
07-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Well, this was the last frame in the series before she decided she had enough. I've got an appointment on the 22nd to work with a boatload of cats in a shelter. Hopefully, I'll learn a thing or two from them.

Jim - I think most folks who aren't cat people don't realize that every cat is a uniquely different cup of tea. Every one I've ever had is different. Socrates (Socks) is about 12 - he's the most senior of my 3 felines. I picked him out of a litter when he was about 6 weeks or so. He walked right up to me, sat at my feet and looked up at me like he wanted me to take him away!! That was it, he's been devoted to me ever since - he's crazy about my wife, but I'm his person. He doesn't take any crap from the other two cats, but will run and hide if someone else comes to the house that he doesn't know. Kitty Boy, is 2. I rescued him from a lumber yard when a little less than 1 year old. Everything would have been pretty OK, but Kitty Boy had never been this close to a dog before - We have Two dogs that are indoors whenever we're home. When KB strolled into the family room for the first time and saw two dogs staring at him, he arched his back, enlarged his tail about 2X and froze in this position for about 15 seconds after delivering an Emmy award- winning hiss!! Later that night he opened up my forhead when I approached him at eye level on top of our head board when he felt threatned by the dogs on the floor!! It's been about a year since that episode, and KB is only now feeling comfortable in the same room as the dogs. He's nowhere near as loveable as Socks is. Any close cuddling with Kitty Boy is always strictly his idea, so it's a slowly developing love affair with this boy. Sophie, was 1 in May - I've posted a couple images of this girl. She was about 6 weeks old when we got her, and her first 6 weeks included constant co-habitation with big dogs!! She arrived at out house and never looked back. our biggest challenge was to keep her food accessible to her, but not the other cats and dogs....dogs are especially fond of cat litter boxes - think Almond Rocca:D:D Sohie would walk right up to the dogs, give them a kiss and/or slap them upside their heads with a clawless paw and quickly run away. Now she will walk up to them and just flop down on the floor and let the dogs roll her around the floor like a rag doll. It scared us at first before we realized that she loved it, and was always in control of the situation. If she's had enough, she will deliver whatever combination of claws and teeth to get her messaage home. At 1 year old, she runs the whole show. She's a loveable little clown that will tolerate us picking her up to love on her at any time.

I can't belive I've just delivred a pretty good synopsis of my 3 cats!!:o Generally speaking Jim, most cats that will not run away and hide when they see you and all your gear, will probably tolerate you and may even be curious and approach you. allways let them smell you - just like a dog....if they want you to pet them they'll smell you and may even head-butt your hand - pet and scratch away here. If a cat lays it's ears back (careful here!), flips the tail nervously or hisses while standing it's ground, it's time to chill. You'll get the idea after you've spent some time with them. Cats are neat animals. Relationships with cats can be intensely rewarding. Their not for everyone, but I love every one I've ever had...Love my dogs too:D

Cheers,
Bruce