PDA

View Full Version : clarification please

Joan Chasan
07-15-2008, 08:15 AM
I am new to posting on bpn, although have been a member since the beginning. I have several questions and not sure where to post them.

I see that there are several classes? of members, - members, contributors, moderators, etc. What determines who is in which class?

2. Also can we expect that the moderators (assuming they are the most experienced or professional photographers?) on each board will comment on each picture that is posted there? referring mostly to the eager to learn board.

thanks
Joan

Axel Hildebrandt
07-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Joan,

contributors only have to register, whereas paying members can host their images on the BPN server and are eligible for "Image of the Week" nominations. If you look at forums you will see that all images posted receive comments. Moderators do their best to comment as much as possible. Commenting is great for learning how to judge images and all other forum participants are encouraged to comment as well.

Hope this helps and I look forward to your posts,
Axel

Daniel Cadieux
07-15-2008, 05:22 PM
Moderators do their best to comment as much as possible. Commenting is great for learning how to judge images and all other forum participants are encouraged to comment as well.

This quote from Axel's reply is a very important one and benefits everyone :-)

Paying members may also post 1 image per 24hrs as opposed to 48hrs in the Avian, Wild and Free forum (the other forums are 24hrs for all).

James Shadle
07-15-2008, 10:44 PM
We really, really love and appreciate the fact that "Members" are helping keep the site open for everyone.
And that the Moderators keep the rig "between the ditches" (old trucking term).
As well as "Contributors" doing just that, contributing images and comments.

Oh and don't forget my partners "The Publishers"!

Thanks Everyone.

James