PDA

View Full Version : How to retrieve EXIF

Cheryl Flory
07-15-2008, 07:47 AM
Is there a way to retrieve the EXIF information on an image, if you no longer have the original?
Thanks!

Axel Hildebrandt
07-15-2008, 09:21 AM
You can use an EXIF viewer if you saved the image using 'save' or 'save as'. If you used 'save for web', the EXIF is deleted.

Cheryl Flory
07-15-2008, 09:24 AM
Thanks.

What is an EXIF viewer? The one I downloaded from my first digital camera doesn't retrieve this info from adjusted photos, even when using "save as". Are there others on line?

Axel Hildebrandt
07-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Do you use a PC or a Mac? For PC you can download the Opanda EXIF Viewer. After installing, right click on an image and it gives you the option to look at the EXIF info. For Macs there is an add-on for Firefox called EXIF Viewer. Let me know if you need help finding one of these.

Cheryl Flory
07-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Axel, got it downloaded and it works very well! much better than what I have been using. Unfortunately, some of the pics I wanted to submit here, just don't have their info attached any longer apparently.

Thank you for you help!

Axel Hildebrandt
07-15-2008, 09:46 AM
I'm glad it works. If you post images without EXIF, you can just mention that you don't have the EXIF anymore. It's not ideas but not much you can do about it.

Joanna Trescott
08-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Wow, that is great software! Thanks Axel, Joanna