PDA

View Full Version : Chiguanco Thrush

Matias Romano
07-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Hello everybody, My name is Matias Romano, Im from Argentina. This is my first photo here and I learning how to use the system so I hope to be interacting with all of you fluently soon....

Here I upload a Photo taken in San Luis, Argentina. I wait all your comments on how you see it.

Canon 20d
canon 100-400mm
full frame

Good Luck

Matias Romano
www.matiasromano.com

Daniel Cadieux
07-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Welcome to BPN Matias. What a wonderful image you present us as your first :-) Is this snow?? In any case you nailed the exposure on the bird, and it looks great next to the white surroundings. If anything I might tone down some of those whites, and maybe give a bit more room above. Looking forward to more from you!!

Maxis Gamez
07-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Hi Matias and welcome to BPN.

Love the low angle on this one. I like the contrast between the whites and darks. Excellent habitat and very sharp.

Gracias por compartir!!

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Welcome. :)

Love your perspective and out of focus background. You did really well. Nice pose of the bird too. I also wonder if it is snow or pure, white sand? The exposure is pretty well controlled. Maybe a little less strength in the whites woudl work better. :)

Matias Romano
07-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Hello everybody thanks for your comments.. In fact it is Snow.

Good Luck

Matias

Fabs Forns
07-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Bienvenido a BPN, Matias!!!

We hope to help you improve your skills.

Great first post, well composed, great exposure and definition.

Ramon M. Casares
07-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Welcome my friend, I am glad you finally decided to join us, I am sure you'll feel very confortable here as everybody is great! As you know, I am a personal fan of this shot, I have seen it in paper and I can asure all that there is no hot whites in it! Cogratulations Mat, terrific first post! Welcome!

Krijn Trimbos
07-15-2008, 03:42 AM
I agree with the other, a very lovely shot! Love the simple but very effective inclusion of the environment. Excellent!

Axel Hildebrandt
07-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Welcome, Matias! Great first post, I like the angle details and exposure control. If anything, I wish for a bit head turn toward you. Keep them coming!

Manos Papadomanolakis
07-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Welcome,
Nice first image,I really like the pose and details!

Juan Carlos Vindas
07-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Welcome Matias!
Very nice Thrush, this one looks like the cold snow is not bothering him at all!
Please keep them coming, as I understand, there are almost 1000 species in Argentina, it would be very nice to see some endemics. jc

Arthur Morris
07-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Welcome and thanks for the lovely bird and the fine image. Wonderful EXP control, fabulous detail in the blacks, and I am fine with the head angle. Let's see some more!