PDA

View Full Version : Summer Goldcrest II

Andreas Liedmann
05-06-2024, 11:29 AM
Hi folks .. a second try of the Goldcrest
This time I used audio to attract him
Again image taken on an overcast day ... but I went a bit more punchy with the colors and a different hue of the foliage .
Perch is what it is ... and the leaves if LRC are not the hottest stuff :bg3:
Nothing removed

Canon EOS R6 II
EF 500 IS L II + 1,4 TC
HH

F 7,1 ; Iso 40.000 ; 1/1600 sec

Processed with DT 4.7.0 and PSCC 2024 ; cropped from left and top

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Brian Sump
05-06-2024, 06:12 PM
Andreas, the calling pose wins for sure! It almost looks staged; did you put the little guy up there and program him to sing?? :-p

I like it! Rich colors and nice use of vignetting effect to draw the viewer in. The palms in the LRC help the image have a little variation, though some might think it distracting.

One option is to pull the blues out of the plumage and see if you like the effect. Perhaps you left it intentionally though?

Andreas Liedmann
05-07-2024, 09:58 AM
Thanks Brian ... you like the intense colors :bg3: , maybe a bit less would work too ..... for the dull European eyes :t3 LOL .
Different color anticipation across the great water ...
The bright orange crown is a bit of a challenge in post .

Cheers Andreas

RP with blue cyan reduced

kevin Hice
05-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Love the colors very well processed as usual Andreas. Nice posing call. For me I just wish for a better perch.I know nothing you could do about where it landed. I think it would look better if you cloned out the perch to the left of the bird on the bud.
Just something about the branch going out of the frame.I know you probably don't want to remove. I understand just a option. I'm glad you left the leaves. Anyways a beauty for sure. TFS

Andreas Liedmann
05-08-2024, 10:59 AM
Thanks Kevin ... yes well the perch is not the nicest one , but I can live with it for the time being . Work in progress ... with the next image .

Cheers Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
05-13-2024, 10:12 AM
Nice shot Andreas, is it me or is there a slight yellow/green cast on the bird?