PDA

View Full Version : Little Puffin Lost...

Nicki Gwynn Jones
07-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Hi Folks,
Thanks for all your kind comments on the 'Puffin Series'! Not much else happening here at the moment...
40D 100-400mm @ 400
ISO 400
AV F8 1/1600 sec
Pattern metering
-1 step exp comp
Oh, and before the HAP step in, I KNOW that he's looking the 'wrong' way - just think that it adds to the rather desolate look on his face - perhaps he just got dumped :( !!!
Best to all,
Nicki

Cheryl Flory
07-14-2008, 05:13 PM
rather desolate look indeed! I know we aren't suppose to give human emotions to animals, but it is so difficult not to with some!
I have never seen so many fabulous pics of puffins before joining this site!

If going for sad, lonely, lost or desolate, I would add more canvas to the photo. And then add his tail and slight head turn too. lol

If *that* is what you are getting when "nothing much happening", then WOW!!

keep posting those puffin pics!

Harold Davis
07-14-2008, 05:30 PM
agree with cheryl, would add a touch of canvas all the way around still keeping it a pano, but including the rest of its tail. nice mood captured here, nicki!! the little pink flowers add to it!!

Lance Peters
07-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Hi Nicki - love the puffins - gorgeous setting.
For my personal tatse - the head angle is a problem.

Also looks a tad dark - I reworked - added some brightness and sharpened a tad. (Could just be my monitor though - no-one else has mentioned it)

Oscar Zangroniz
07-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Great capture Nicki. Although the head angle is not desirable, you can't deny this beautiful setting on this little guy. Looks ok on my monitor.
Regards,

Arthur Morris
07-14-2008, 06:20 PM
All good comments and work above but for me, the head angle is fatal...

Nonda Surratt
07-14-2008, 07:13 PM
I think the pink flowers are such a nice touch! Cute little guy and nice repost Lance..HA mentioned

Katie Rupp
07-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Nicki, I like the sad and forlorn look, too.

Alfred Forns
07-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Hi Nicki I have to agree with Artie on this one You can make an image work with a bird facing away but don't see much to be holding his attention? At times we place bird looking out of the frame and works since you wonder what is he looking at. Fine series and looking forward to more !!

..........btw would like a little more at the bottom