PDA

View Full Version : Calico Pennant # 2

Steve Maxson
07-14-2008, 04:37 PM
This is a female calico pennant. In my previous post of a male, I noted that this species tends to tilt its wings toward the sun and this female is also exhibiting that behavior. 40D, 300 f/4 + 1.4X, 1/250, f/8, ISO 200, no flash. Comments are welcome.

Jonathan Michael Ashton
07-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Another excellent image, great light and detail
Jon

Don Lacy
07-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Wonderful image with nice vibrant colors, I keep hoping to see and photograph one of these guys so i am a little jealous.

Ed Vatza
07-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Another wonderful d-fly image, Steve. Love the wing position here. Image is very sharp. Background looks great. A winner in my book.

Dan Brown
07-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Very Good! Great BG. I would prefer to see this vertical however (gota say something!). Dan Brown

Julie Kenward
07-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Very nice image Steve, but I think I might have preferred a vertical composition instead of the horizontal one presented.

Kaushik Balakumar
07-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Oh wow - sharrrrrp & good details. Lovely clean BG too.

Robert O'Toole
07-16-2008, 08:42 PM
The sharpness and the BG colors and smoothness are superb! The perch is very good looking also, this is the kind of perch I like to see. Excellent.

for me the only thing I would change is to take a step to the right after I made this image. Being parallel of slightly in front always looks better. See the back of the head for an example of what I mean. If you see the back of the head its pointed away, unless its head is turned of course.

Robert

Steve Maxson
07-17-2008, 10:10 AM
The sharpness and the BG colors and smoothness are superb! The perch is very good looking also, this is the kind of perch I like to see. Excellent.

for me the only thing I would change is to take a step to the right after I made this image. Being parallel of slightly in front always looks better. See the back of the head for an example of what I mean. If you see the back of the head its pointed away, unless its head is turned of course.

Robert

Hi Robert. I see your point. Thanks for the constructive comment.