PDA

View Full Version : Wild Sunflower

Sharna Lee
07-14-2008, 04:13 PM
These flowers grow wild along the road here in the Antelope Valley. I've often driven by without my camera wishing that I had brought it with. Today was just one of my lucky days. I wanted a different view of this lovely flower so I went around behind it and snapped a few pictures. This was my favorite. Thanks for looking.

Canon 40D
85mm prime
Manual Exposure
Hand Held
F/8.0
1/640 ss
ISO 200

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/ittyboo9358/Wildflower.jpg

Comments and Critics Welcome.

Sharna

Arthur Morris
07-14-2008, 04:57 PM
I quite like the rear view and the sharpness. Wish that the BKGR were a bit smoother... It can be done.

Ed Vatza
07-14-2008, 09:41 PM
I really like the composition, perspective and lighting here Sharna. Yeah, th background is a little bumpy and could be smoother but its not too distracting - at least for me. I really like what you did here.

Sharna Lee
07-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Thank you Artie & Ed.
You're right about the bg. I did clean some of it up before posting then after post I saw I had missed some up top and behind the flower looks a tad distracting. I'll work on it and repost. Thanks again.

Sharna

Lana Hays
07-15-2008, 06:26 AM
Sharna
I agree about the BG. I have found it so much harder to get a good BG for macro than for birds so can appreciate this one. I found in playing with wildflowers that I'd picked and photographed in the house one day how interesting the back side could be with some. This certainly demonstrates how many more "sides" there are to macro. Well done.

Julie Kenward
07-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Very nice composition and lighting on this Sharna! I would definitely work on cleaning up that BG a bit more and maybe try to lighten the back of the green bud where it meets the yellow flower - see if you can pull up some more detail back into that darker area.

Kaushik Balakumar
07-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Liked this perspective. Lovely yellow, full of details. Like the way the petals curl outwards towards the tip. Nice light u've got there.