PDA

View Full Version : Bosque Kestrel

Lana Hays
12-27-2007, 07:40 PM
I was fortunate to find this Kestrel perched close to the road on Marsh Loop one morning. Although the post looks "well used" I only saw the Kestrel there one time.

Canon MkIIN, 500mmL IS, 2XTC, beanbag on Jeep window
ISO 400, ss 1/1000, f/11
C1Pro Raw conversion, shot as vertical and cropped from top/left, USM, etc.

Maxis Gamez
12-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Hi Lana,

What a gorgeous image. I would push the colors a little more and just a hair more of sharpening. With that said, this is great image as it is.

Alfred Forns
12-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Lana I looked for this bird every day I was at Bosque !!! First year I have not seen one !!!

Judy Lynn Malloch
12-28-2007, 08:12 AM
Oh Lana I think I remember this one. Beautiful capture and lighting and the detail is excellent !!

Jim Neiger
12-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Hi Lana, You did well to get close to this bird. They all seem to be very skittish and difficult to approach or photograph. I saw them many times while in Bosque, but only managed a few keeper images. I think a more direct light angle would have improved this image, but it is very well done as is. Did you get any images of the Kestral you were working on when I ran into you at Bosque? If so, I'm hoping to see one in the Avian forum.

Fabs Forns
12-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Now, I can only dream of this image. I go after him every year with no results yet.
I like to think that when I get it, it will be spectacular. The power of positive thinking :)

One keeper, for sure.

Gyorgy Szimuly
01-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Also very nice raptor shot. The colors here also work for me.
Looks slightly soft on my screen.
Szimi