View Full Version : Great Spotted Woodpeckers

William Dickson
03-07-2024, 12:25 PM
Canon R6
f/4 400mm DO Mk2
f/4
1/3200
ISO 3200

Something 'different' from the Great Spotted Woodpeckers. I probably would have chosen f/8, but was on another bird when I noticed this interaction, it was all over in an instant. Gimbal Head. ACR, Topaz NR and PS.

Will

Jonathan Ashton
03-08-2024, 03:09 AM
Will this is super - as you say it is different and that's because not many people have got a shot like that so well done.
Details and colours look spot on, the DOF is fine for me - it's not as if you could see them full depth of field and the soft wing tips convey movement to some extent. Really good shot - I wish I had one like this.

Andreas Liedmann
03-09-2024, 01:09 AM
Hi Will ... a really cool unexpected instant shot , you did very well by just capturing this .
Posing and expressions are priceless . All techs spot on and nicely processed too . Well managed details across the tonal range :5

Personally I would go a bit more green in parts of the color spectrum , would prefer a different grading . Personal taste .... I do think it is a touch magenta

TFS Andreas

Colin Driscoll
03-09-2024, 11:44 PM
An exciting grab shot Will, nicely done. Great soft light. Arresting action.

Arthur Morris
04-16-2024, 08:35 PM
Spectacular from where I come from. The bottom bird is the bomb and the BKGR is super.

a