PDA

View Full Version : Muscovy Duck Retake

Sharna Lee
07-14-2008, 03:55 PM
I went back to the park today and did some more shooting. I know people wanted the bg OOF and now that I did it I think it was the best choice for this bird. He's beautiful and needs a beautiful bg to compliment him.

Canon Rebel XTi
Canon 100-400L IS
Hand held
Manual exposure
F/5.6
1/1000 ss
ISO 200
@400mm

100% crop
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/ittyboo9358/MuscovyDuckRetake.jpg

Comments & Critics Welcome.

Sharna

Lana Hays
07-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Sharna
Oh.....much better. It looks like you had some nice light as well. I might consider cropping a bit tighter on the left and giving him a bit of room on the right. It would have been good to have just a little turn of the head toward you. You can always squeak, pish, or make some noise to get his attention. Nice improvements!!!

carole wiley
07-15-2008, 07:30 AM
Beautiful light and texture...now go back and get the head turn. Just kidding!

Sharna Lee
07-15-2008, 08:13 AM
lolol I will!!!! Seriously, Lana is right. I think I do have one with a little more of a head turn. :D
Thanks you two.

Sharna

Julie Kenward
07-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Beware, Sharna, the head police are EVERYWHERE!!!

[You all are learning waaaay too much around here! :D ]

One thing I would also try to do is to get a slightly different hue or saturation to the BG than the overall color of the bird...either lighten or darken it a bit. Either way, it will make his head really stand out from the background (BG) without ruining that beautiful lighting you captured.

Maxis Gamez
07-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Hi Sharna,

Amazing details, I would like to see a little more head turn and more room in front but very nice as presented. (Happy Julie??) :)

Sharna Lee
07-15-2008, 07:55 PM
LOL Thanks Jules and Maxis.
I will look at the others I have of him. I think the ones with this bird all have the same bg but I moved around too.
Thanks again. Comments and Critics is how I've learned thus far. You all are awesome.

Sharna