PDA

View Full Version : Blue tit (Cyanistes caeruleus)

Jonathan Ashton
02-21-2024, 06:05 AM
I was a little unsure about removing the twig, it is perhaps not the most photogenic in the world, but having said that it shows context to the pose of the bird.
I was quite pleased to notice a hint of the legs through the left wing, so I enhanced them very slightly. I kept sharpening fairly minimal. Colours were muted due to low light.
I look forward to your comments.

Image captured from a hide in the back garden, cold and damp dull weather.

Model Name : OM-1, 150-400TC
Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 701.0mm
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
ISO : 10000
Exposure compensation : 0.0 EV
Shutter : 1/5000 sec
Aperture : F4.5

ACR/PSCC

Andreas Liedmann
02-21-2024, 10:10 AM
Hiu Jon ... oh what lovely flight shot , love the pose and the stetted wings with the shining through feet is oh so lovely . I am envious !!!! The twig ... well a bit undecided about its presence ... matter of taste .

I can't get ,my head around your thoughts about the processing .... such a great image of the lovely Blue Tit . But you processed it dull and dreary .... this does not go into my head , sorry Jon .
Lovely soft backdrop

A super image that is underrated , IMHO , caused by your processing

TFS Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
02-21-2024, 11:37 AM
I hear you - do you prefer this??

Andreas Liedmann
02-22-2024, 08:08 AM
Hey Jon ... does look better to me from the brightness level , but why have you shifted the colors at the same time ??? Not that I do not like it , just asking curious if you made that with logic ???

Cheers Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
02-23-2024, 04:37 AM
Hey Jon ... does look better to me from the brightness level , but why have you shifted the colors at the same time ??? Not that I do not like it , just asking curious if you made that with logic ???

Cheers Andreas

I rechecked the white balance.

Andreas Liedmann
02-23-2024, 05:58 AM
I rechecked the white balance.
With which result in your opinion ?? As now you have a slight magenta cast ....

Andreas Liedmann
02-23-2024, 06:13 AM
Here is a neutral starting point ... from where you can color grade to your liking :wave:, if you wish

Andreas Liedmann
02-23-2024, 06:15 AM
I hope now it works :bg3:

Jonathan Ashton
02-23-2024, 07:58 AM
Thanks Andreas, I need to take a little more time and care in future.