PDA

View Full Version : Buzzard (Buteo buteo)

Jonathan Ashton
02-03-2024, 06:11 AM
I was at RSPB reserve Southport, in a hide this buzzard suddenly appeared from the left, I quickly tried to increase EV but I had gloves on and it was all a rush - anyhow I got a little extra exposure but not enough to optimise. I have revisited this file a number of times and this is my latest version, not ideal but I am fairly pleased with the final result.

OM-1, 150-400TC
Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 801.0mm
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
ISO : 4000
Exposure compensation : +0.7 EV
Shutter : 1/4000 sec
Aperture : F4.5

ACR/PSCC

Andreas Liedmann
02-04-2024, 01:33 AM
Hi Jon ... very nice image for a "fly by grab shot " !!!
I do like the wing position and the view he gave you .... surprised or checking you out .
Seems to be. a dull day when you taken the shot ... for the sake of attraction I would give him even more contrast or tonal variation . Albeit I would end up far from original scene .... but it is only grey and dull not being foggy , so there is nothing worth keeping the flatness IMHO. But understand if you stay as you have posted .
Plumage does look quite good ...

TFS Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
02-04-2024, 08:52 AM
Thanks Andreas, I processed this after the discussion we had over NR.... i.e. different one to the one I originally showed to you.

Andreas Liedmann
02-04-2024, 11:55 AM
Even without your reply I thought ... it does look different to the versions you showed me.

William Dickson
02-05-2024, 08:58 AM
Very nice Jon and well captured. Good flight pose and HA. Detail looks good, I would maybe add a wee bit contrast to the far wing. Not an easy bird to get close to so well done. Just by coincidence I was photographing a Buzzard at the weekend.

Will