PDA

View Full Version : Goldfinch

Jonathan Ashton
01-19-2024, 10:43 AM
Golfinches squabbling , image captured from a hide in the back garden, slight recrop for composition.

OM-1, 150-400TC
Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 427.0mm
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
ISO : 1000
Exposure compensation : 0.0 EV
Shutter : 1/5000 sec
Aperture : F4.5

ACR/PSCC

Randy Stout
01-20-2024, 06:49 AM
Jon:

I like the colors, exposure, framing, interaction.

In a perfect world, a bit more dramatic wing position for the left bird.

Nice to see some green! It is all white in Michigan.

Randy

Jonathan Ashton
01-20-2024, 09:35 AM
Thanks Randy, glad you liked it.
Maybe the next one will have a more visually appealing wing posion.

William Dickson
01-21-2024, 01:47 PM
Very nice Jon. 1/5000 worked well. True colours on the birds and nice poses, especially the one to our right. Lovely detail and the BG looks good. If mine, I would clean up the bill on the bird to our right. I notice how clean the underwing looks. If I use electronic shutter, I get saw lines on the underwings at fast shutter speeds. Mechanical shutter, I don't get the saw lines. Not sure why that is happening.

Will

Jonathan Ashton
01-22-2024, 03:13 AM
Thanks Will glad you liked it. Some electronic shutters seem to work consistently others less so, must be something to do with design or the manner/direction in which the shutter mechanism moves.

Andreas Liedmann
01-22-2024, 05:22 AM
Hi Jon ... what's not to like here !!!!
I can really live with the " not ideal " wings pose of the left bird , I would be more than happy with it .
Superb action captured , color and tones very nice .... nicely processed all around .
I hav eno nits .... a peach as you say :5.

TFS Andreas

Andreas Liedmann
01-22-2024, 05:23 AM
. If I use electronic shutter, I get saw lines on the underwings at fast shutter speeds. Mechanical shutter, I don't get the saw lines. Not sure why that is happening.

Will

Weill I think it is because the read out of your sensor is simply not fast enough , it might be the rolling shutter effect . Get newer body .... :bg3: . The R6 is not fast enough ....

Jack Backs
01-22-2024, 01:36 PM
Nice image, both heads and bodies in the focal plane. Nice background. A better wing position on the left would be nice but not that big a deal. I'm surprised there's as much wing blur as there is at 1/5000s.