PDA

View Full Version : Robin

Andreas Liedmann
01-04-2024, 09:36 AM
Hi folks ... I am trying to post as much as possible and trying to come back into the processing routine :bg3:
Still have to go with older stuff , as at the moment I am not really able to go out and shoot new stuff .... but I am not struggling for stuff to process as there are so many images in the archive :bg3:.
This Robin was captured in spring last year at a kind of set up .... meaning just placing a feeder in a local park and hope for the best .

Canon EOS R3
RF 2,8 400 IS L with 1,4 TC
HH

F 10 ; Iso 32.000 ; 1/3200 sec ... SS a bit of an overkill , but was prepared for potential flight shots

Processed with C1 and PSCC 2024 ; slight crop from top for better comp

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
01-05-2024, 04:20 AM
I like the curious perch, I guess that is moss growing on a naked branch, the small vertical element provides a good aspect and I think portrait as opposed to landscape was a good idea. The plumage detail is very good indeed and I like the eye, I don't know if you brightened it because the iris and pupil are very distinct. Composition I think the bird is perhaps a little central other than that I think a fine high quality image.

Andreas Liedmann
01-05-2024, 03:05 PM
Thanks Jon , glad you like it .
The eye is lightened indeed ... a touch , do you think it is too much ??
Regarding the comp ... I was limited due to the tight capture , so I haven chosen this crop.

Cheers Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
01-08-2024, 06:03 AM
Thanks Jon , glad you like it .
The eye is lightened indeed ... a touch , do you think it is too much ??
Regarding the comp ... I was limited due to the tight capture , so I haven chosen this crop.

Cheers Andreas

I wwould suggest the eye has been brightened a little too much, It is good to see the detail but having said that I doubt it would have been so clear when viewed in nature.

Andreas Liedmann
01-08-2024, 10:10 AM
You might be right that I gone to far with the lifting of the Iris :bg3: