PDA

View Full Version : Small in frame - Red headed Bunting

Sidharth Kodikal
12-24-2023, 05:38 AM
I don't have very many small in frame images. Let me know whether or not this one works for you.

Here's a (fairly uncommon) Red Headed Bunting on Sugarcane.

Canon R5, 600 F4
1/1600, f4.5, ISO 3200
HH, Manual

Happy holidays!

Steve Kaluski
12-24-2023, 07:53 AM
Let me know whether or not this one works for you.

I think it does Sid, the almost white backdrop isolates/separates the subject, the vegetation clearly tells you whereat is and it's a natural perch. I'm 50/50 on the LH leaf coming into frame, but personally I would have liked the tip included rather than cut through at the bottom of the trim. Again, personal pref, but I would have removed the bright green leaf on the very RHS.

TFS
Steve

Joseph Przybyla
12-24-2023, 09:23 AM
Hi Sid, small in the frame works for me, I like the image. I probably would have removed the leaf in the upper LHS. Beautiful little bird, thank you for sharing.

Jack Backs
12-24-2023, 10:19 AM
I like the composition. I would definitely remove the LH leaf. I would probably the RH OOF leaves mostly because of the noise.

Jonathan Ashton
12-27-2023, 06:15 AM
I think it looks fine, very subjective - did you want to record the scene or "make it something else?" Personally I don't think it looks ideal but even with all the suggestions made I don't think it would make that much difference, so i would be inclined to leave it as it is....natural.

Gabriela Plesea
12-28-2023, 02:29 PM
Dear Sid,

Thank you for sharing, must say this does work for me. I think the frame has great potential and to me the composition would be awesome if you remove the leaf on the LHS. And maybe the light green leaf on the RHS too (not the bottom one, the one above it). This is all about image design and presentation, since the subject is so tiny.

Really like the BG here, emphasises the little bird. The plant could do with a bit more work, maybe a curve adjustment? :w3
Enjoyed viewing and it's so nice to see you experimenting...photography should be fun:cheers:

Wishing you a wonderful year ahead and lots of photographic opportunities,

Kind regards,