PDA

View Full Version : Blue tit (Cyanistes caeruleus)

Jonathan Ashton
12-03-2023, 05:53 AM
Taken from a mobile hide in the back garden, it was an attempt to provide complimentary colours in the background, I got just a hint of blue in the LHS

Model Name : OM-1, 150-400TC
Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 701.0mm
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
ISO : 1000
Exposure compensation : +0.3 EV
Shutter : 1/3200 sec
Aperture : F4.5

ACR/PSCC

Dorian Anderson
12-05-2023, 11:42 AM
Great pose. I wished that far wing were the slightest bit higher, but this is still really nice. Lighting and detail look good. I think the face is sharp, but this new retina monitor often displays things in ways that it's difficult for me to say for certain.

As this is a set-up, I might try again with a perch that is more perfectly parallel to the sensor (and thus has less OOF bits).

William Dickson
12-05-2023, 12:22 PM
All looks good here Jon. I know getting a good take off shot with these little birds isn't easy. Great pose and BG. I hear what Dorian is saying about the perch, but it don't bother me. Nice colours throughout.

Will

Andreas Liedmann
12-05-2023, 02:57 PM
Hi Jon ... I would be more than happy with this peachy image :bg3:
Love it

TFS Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
12-06-2023, 01:42 PM
Super cute Jon, very nice pose and great timing, lovely image!

I like the framing here and tiny perch. Nice clean background, good colours. Detail looks good too.

A bit more DoF maybe for that lovely perch... but like Will said, well done, cannot be easy to capture this wee fellow taking off.

Enjoyed viewing, very much, thank you for sharing!

PS I have a lioness for you in the Wildlife Forum:tinysmile_shy_t:

Warmest regards,

Jonathan Ashton
12-07-2023, 04:34 AM
Thanks very much everyone for your feedback, much appreciated.

Jack Backs
12-07-2023, 08:45 AM
Nice. Cute bird. Background nicely highlights the bird. Sharp where it needs to be. My only nit, as Dorian pointed out, is that the back wing doesn't quite clear the head enough.