PDA

View Full Version : Website rendering in Chrome.

Jack Backs
12-01-2023, 10:34 AM
Is Chrome rendering this website differently for anyone else? It looks different on any computer I use, logged in or out.
Edge still renders it as what I would consider normal. The first image is Chrome, the second Edge.

Daniel Cadieux
12-04-2023, 11:15 AM
I still see it as it should in Chrome. I think Jon had the same issue recently but resolved it at his end. I'll point him to this post to see if he can help.

Jonathan Ashton
12-04-2023, 11:33 AM
Jack, Dan, yes this is exactly the problem I had, I suspect it is a weak internet connection or at any rate some kind of faulty connection.

I ended up trying to make a post and then going into my profile, finding my attachments, trying to make a post to the post and then picking up an error message, I found if I intercepted that message quickly enough (something like "if not redirected click here") I forced the app on a different direction and then eventually it corrected itself. I also went into my posts and attachments and made a reply to myself knowing it would not work, it then sometimes redirected itself and eventually I got the correct skin for BPN. Not terribly helpful I'm afraid.
I also went repeatedly into different forums keeping the tabs open and I think on one occasion it worked.

Jack Backs
12-17-2023, 11:23 AM
I don't know what's going on but Edge stated rendering the website in that odd format also on my editing computer. My work computer also started rendering them oddly for a while and then reverted back to the normal format.
Two other computers at my house do not render the website correctly. I installed Firefox and it is rendering them correctly for now. All of them report that this website is not secure, even Firefox. I'm surprised no one else is having
problems.

Jonathan Ashton
12-18-2023, 06:40 AM
Jack, I stumbled across this thread, I am still having identical problems. As a consequence I have just downloaded Firefox ( I used to use it years ago but some reason I went onto Chrome).
Firefox renders the display as desired i.e. Captain James Shadle. As you indicated I concur that error messageges relating to an insecure site are displayed but at least the website is now set out in a familiar manner.

Jack Backs
12-18-2023, 09:23 AM
Thanks for confirming it's not just me. Something is mucked up with the website.