PDA

View Full Version : Greenfinch (Chloris chloris)

Jonathan Ashton
11-01-2023, 11:39 AM
Image captured in the back garden set up by reflection pool. (From a portable hide & tripod). I cleaned up the foreground a little on the left.

Model Name : OM-1
Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 671.0mm
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
ISO : 640
Exposure compensation : 0.0 EV
Shutter : 1/3200 sec
Aperture : F4.5

ACR/PSCC

William Dickson
11-01-2023, 12:53 PM
Very nice Jon...Lovely light you got. Nice colours throughout and all looks 'natural'. Good pose and HA on the bird. I have just logged on to post, yes a Greenfinch ... :bg3:

Will

Arthur Morris
11-01-2023, 06:16 PM
A stunner, with a perfect head angle. A small crop from the bottom would work for me.

with love, artie

Sidharth Kodikal
11-01-2023, 09:23 PM
Such a beautiful frame! Love everything about it. I was initially craving a sharper perch (more DoF?), but maybe not at the expense of that smooth, gorgeous BG.

Steve Kaluski
11-02-2023, 03:48 AM
Hi Jon, a clean and simple capture portraying the subject nicely with good detail and 'clarity'.

I don't understand why you included the hint of grass, but agree with Artie, just bring the crop up slightly. In addition, the black in the top RHC it adds nothing IMHO.

To my eye you have added a vignette/Graduate filter, loose it, its masking the whole capture, then add a slight lift in the Parametric sliders but watch your HL's. Perhaps next time add some tonal shapes, subtle OOF areas just to break up the 'Armarillo' green backdrop, just adds a bit of interest/context.

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
11-03-2023, 11:09 AM
Steve: "I don't understand why you included the hint of grass, but agree with Artie, just bring the crop up slightly. In addition, the black in the top RHC it adds nothing IMHO".

I don't have strong feelings over the grass but without it I would suggest it looks very clinical/clean perhaps too clean to look like a potentially natural cicumstance.

Steve Kaluski
11-03-2023, 12:07 PM
I don't have strong feelings over the grass but without it I would suggest it looks very clinical/clean perhaps too clean to look like a potentially natural cicumstance.

Jon, as a 'viewer' I find myself asking, where have the blades of grass come from, as it doesn't appear to the LHS, but there are only tips of grass, WHY? Doesn't make sense IMHO. What was the thinking in adding it into the scene, what does it add? Ditto the black in the top RHC???

On a second viewing there is a heavy magenta cast too, something like Temp -9 Tint -18 address the cast IMHO, to my eye, but... you can then address the BKG green the accordingly if you feel the need.