PDA

View Full Version : Capped Wheatear (South Africa)

Dorian Anderson
10-30-2023, 03:44 PM
I don't usually shoot this early in the afternoon (3 hours before sunset), but I couldn't resist this opportunity. When I came back through
this area a few hours later, when the sun was lower, I found the shadows and dark patches problematic. So, I'm glad I clicked when I did.
Not sure there's a better way to represent 'spring' than wildflowers and birdsong!

Canon 600mm f/4 IS II + 1.4x III on EOS R5
1/2500 at f/5.6, ISO 500
Processed in LR CC - nothing added or cloned

Sidharth Kodikal
10-30-2023, 11:14 PM
I love small in frame shots that are well executed. The small bird has a big enough personality to fill that frame.
Just love those colors.
I'd be tempted to tone down the couple of OOF white blobs.
Really well done!

Jonathan Ashton
11-01-2023, 04:56 AM
Good idea I am sure I would have taken this image had I been there. Sorry though it doesn't yank my chain, I think the background is too colourful I find it distracting. Whilst the bird is intended to be SIF I feel it is a little large to be small and a little small to be a customary sort of size.

Daniel Cadieux
11-01-2023, 05:22 AM
The composition feels well-balanced to me, and the subject thoughtfully placed in the corner. Very pretty surroundings, quite vivid! The taller white flower does grab my eye a bit, so the thought of blending it down very subtly does sound like a good idea.

William Dickson
11-01-2023, 01:02 PM
I like it. The BG looks like a painting. Good detail on the bird and the calling pose adds. If mine I would place the bird a wee bit more to our right.

Will

Arthur Morris
11-01-2023, 06:17 PM
Ditto everything above but for the fact that I like it a lot!

with love, artie