PDA

View Full Version : Blue tit (Cyanistes caeruleus)

Jonathan Ashton
10-30-2023, 11:40 AM
Image captured in the back garden, I have made a reflection pool, it has had very little use to date! I wish the left wing was just a tad higher ... maybe next time.

Model Name : OM-1
Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 801.0mm
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
PhotographicSensitivity : 1000
Exposure compensation : 0.0 EV
Shutter : 1/6400 sec
Aperture : F4.5

ACR/PSCC

Dorian Anderson
10-30-2023, 03:24 PM
That is a killer pose with amazing eye contact (I would clone the lower/reflected catchlight)! I can almost feel the bird taking off right at me. I'm surprised 1/6400 wasn't enough to completely freeze the wings,
but the motion doesn't bother me in this image because that blur helps direct our gaze right to the bird's face. I can see what you mean about the left wing, but that's pretty minor. Colors are fantastic.

Sidharth Kodikal
10-30-2023, 11:17 PM
Super pose and beautiful details throughout the dynamic range.
If you had the option to up the f-stop in exchange for ISO, I'd have considered that.
Perhaps gilding the lily, but I'd be tempted to tone down that white piece of bark bottom center of the frame. It pulls my eye away. Also with the white part of the trun on the left.
Looks like you had gobs of beautiful light!
NIcely done, Jon, and TFS.

Daniel Cadieux
11-01-2023, 05:24 AM
Love it! This is the type of pose and action that some mirrorless cameras have a hard time with due to rolling shutter (thinking of my R6). Looks super neat with the large-looking wings and almost down-the-barrel stare.

William Dickson
11-01-2023, 01:04 PM
Looking good Jon. Very well captured. Great pose, perch and BG. Very nice detail and sharp where it needs to be.

Will

Arthur Morris
11-01-2023, 06:18 PM
Excellent self-critique. I am trilled that nobody is asking for a lot more d-o-f to render all of the wings sharp :-0

with love, artie

Jonathan Ashton
11-05-2023, 09:40 AM
Artie, the aperture is left wide open, I prefer blurred wing tips.