07-14-2008, 08:55 AM
Canon 30D
1/100
F4.5
135mm
ISO 400
Auto exposure
Metering Mode: pattern

Hi BPN!! This is my first post, but I have heard so much about this list from my mom, Cheryl. Wow, is she excited about this site. lol

I happened across this fawn while bicycling through a woods and I didn't have the time to adjust my camera settings. I think it is too dark, and not sharp enough. I would love to hear your suggestions.

Slight contrasting, sharpening and shadows/highlights in PS.

Thanks!
Lisa

Lisa Flory
07-14-2008, 04:27 PM
lightened it. but it looks pretty lousy. sorry folks. will try another picture later which isn't so terrible. Can you just delete a whole thread? :(

Harold Davis
07-14-2008, 04:57 PM
welcome to BPN "cheryl's sister"!!!! why delete it!!! i like it!! and you did a great job with the repost. as always, it is better to get the exposure right in the camera. you lose details when you start trying to open up shadows or tone down hotspots. in this instance a flash would have helped. it would have been better if you could have gotten the little fellow out in the open, but it is understandable. this is where they live!!!

cant wait to see some more from you lisa!!

Nicki Gwynn Jones
07-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Hi Lisa - big welcome from the UK!!
Harold has said it all and I like it too - especially the repost - well done!

Oscar Zangroniz
07-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Welcome Lisa. I like your original post. For my taste it just need a little brightness.
Congrats