PDA

View Full Version : Wood Stork

Joseph Przybyla
10-29-2023, 05:57 PM
I captured this image the same morning as the White Pelican I posted previously. Image captured at Lake Morton in Lakeland, Florida. The bird was perched on top of a concrete wall at the edge of the lake so I captured the image in landscape eliminating the wall. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 500mm Pf, camera and lens supported be a Oben carbon fiber monopod with a Wimberly MonoGimbal head
1/1600 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV -0.33 ISO 500 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 500mm (750mm 35mm Equivalent)
Post processed in Lightroom Classic and PS24
Canvas added to top and left side for composition and presentation

Sidharth Kodikal
10-30-2023, 03:47 AM
Hi Joe, the IQ is just sublime on this. The whites have so much glowing detail in that nice light.
I know the jury is split on this, but I find this species extremely photogenic.
TFS.

Gerald Kelberg
10-30-2023, 10:34 AM
Hi Joe,

Gosh, what a pretty bird!! Very photogenic indeed. (LOL)

A super portrait and I am loving the softness of the feathers and the patterns of the skin and bone - very tactile.

Very nicely done!

Gerald

Dorian Anderson
10-30-2023, 03:30 PM
Lighting and details are excellent! This bird is nearly impossible in full/direct sun, so the conditions really helped you here. I might have been tempted to close down from f/5.6 to get more DOF, but it doesn't look like it cost
you anything here. I want a bit more room in all around, especially if the BG is that same beautiful blend of blue and pink. But very nice as presented!

Joseph Przybyla
10-30-2023, 05:52 PM
Hi Joe, the IQ is just sublime on this. The whites have so much glowing detail in that nice light.
I know the jury is split on this, but I find this species extremely photogenic.
TFS.

Hi Sid, thank you for viewing and commenting, much appreciated. I like these birds a lot, some say ugly, I say unique.

Joseph Przybyla
10-30-2023, 05:53 PM
Hi Joe,

Gosh, what a pretty bird!! Very photogenic indeed. (LOL)

A super portrait and I am loving the softness of the feathers and the patterns of the skin and bone - very tactile.

Very nicely done!

Gerald

Hi Gerald, thank you for viewing and commenting, very much appreciated.

Joseph Przybyla
10-30-2023, 05:56 PM
Lighting and details are excellent! This bird is nearly impossible in full/direct sun, so the conditions really helped you here. I might have been tempted to close down from f/5.6 to get more DOF, but it doesn't look like it cost
you anything here. I want a bit more room in all around, especially if the BG is that same beautiful blend of blue and pink. But very nice as presented!

Hi Dorian. thank you for viewing and commenting, much appreciated. As you suggested here is an edit with more at the top and left side.

Daniel Cadieux
11-01-2023, 05:26 AM
Yes, more space is beneficial on the repost. Great bird, I too find these beautiful and unique :-) I like the low light, it gives a comfortable early morning or late evening feel.