PDA

View Full Version : Avocet w/ a morsel

David Pugsley
10-18-2023, 10:04 AM
I was lucky enough to spend time with this single, male Avocet last week at Ft. DeSoto. While usually shy and wary, this particular bird quickly learned I was no threat and went about feeding, preening and resting.

Sony a1
Sony 600 f/4 + 1.4x
Tripod mounted from 1'-2' of water
1/2000, f/5.6, ISO500

Sidharth Kodikal
10-19-2023, 12:08 AM
Excellent pose, shooting angle and timing.
I can see why you cropped this tight, but I can see two options. one with a looser crop with more room added especially to the bottom, and second option cropped tight with just neck + head show casing the water droplets and the morsel.
TFS.

Gerald Kelberg
10-19-2023, 07:47 AM
Hi David,

This is pretty close to perfect in my book! Really like it very much - the background and foreground blues with the blue legs; the diagonal composition. Very nice and clean! Love the droplets... I could go on...

Thanks for sharing,

Gerald

Jonathan Ashton
10-19-2023, 09:07 AM
Beautiful clean image, wonderful plumage detail- well done!

William Dickson
10-20-2023, 01:18 PM
Apart from adding a wee bit more to the bottom, this looks real good to me David. Nice control on the blacks/whites and plenty of detail to look at. Great pose and I like the bill tip, having touched the water. The BG 'fits' perfectly.

Will

Arthur Morris
10-20-2023, 07:41 PM
I love this one for its graceful elegance, the soft light, and the low-perspective intimacy. Not to mention all the angles and tension going on. I could see it with a bit more below while maintaining 3X2.

with love, artie

Daniel Cadieux
10-23-2023, 02:54 PM
What a gorgeous image! Such soothing tones and colours. The feeding pose is excellent as well. Apart from a touch more canvas, what more could you ask for?

Muhammad Arif
10-23-2023, 08:36 PM
I love everything about this image. My favorite is the soft blue - how the blue of the water and the background matches the legs.