PDA

View Full Version : The little butterfly

Johannes Glännman
07-14-2008, 07:08 AM
Hi...

Today I was working only with my AF-I 300/2.8 and sometimes I attached it to a 1.7 tc..

I found plenty of butterfly but they where quite hard to get a shot at... Here is one....

What do you think ?

EXIF-data:

Nikon D80
AF-I 300/2.8 + 1.7 tc at aparture 7,1
Iso 200
Shutter 1/640s
Tripod and ballhead

Cheers // johannes

Dan Brown
07-14-2008, 08:11 AM
Johannes, I like the idea! But for me, the light is a little harsh (maybe if it had been shot earlier in the day?) and I would probably remove the two bright little branches below the butterfly. I like the comp and the BG. Dan Brown

Julie Kenward
07-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Johannes, usually I like the butterfly and the head of the plant to be the main part of the focus. This seems to be a bit blurry in those areas. I think it you had moved around to the side you would have gotten a much more intense look at the butterfly instead of it being arched away from you.

Give it another go and don't give up!

Johannes Glännman
07-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Hello...

Thanks for your comments.. I am happy you like the comp Dan. Julie, I understand what you mean and I get the point. But if I did so I would not get the comp that I liked with this picture... Instead I will try to make the head sharper next time... And ofcourse also try different comp.

I wont give up :)

Robert O'Toole
07-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Johannes,

I like the idea and the soft effects but only if the crop was tighter and the head was sharp!

Robert